The George W Bush 2006 State Of The Union Drinking Game
The George W. Bush 2006 State Of The Union Drinking Game
By Will Durst
What you need:
1. A group of four taxpayers: including one white guy wearing a Suit. Two people wearing jeans; one in a Work Shirt, the other in a Dark Shirt, and one person wearing Rags. Stitched-together washcloths are nice. Four are grouped around cocktail table within sight of television. Newspapers on floor in front of television.
2. A shot glass per person. Everyone brings their own and places on table. Suit picks one first. Then Work Shirt. Then Dark Shirt. Suit takes last one as well, and Rags gets a Dixie Cup with the top scissored off.
3. Five bucks apiece. Everybody antes.
4. Fondue pot with two packages of Li'l Smokies stewing in barbecue sauce on table. Preferably a sauce from Texas. Surrounded by
5. 100 cocktail toothpicks. The kind with the little American flags wrapped around the top.
6. A large stash of beer. Rags gets the cheapest stuff you can find, like Old Milwaukee Light; Suit gets to drink whatever import he asks for; while the jeans get to pick their favorite domestic brand, but they are required to pay for all the beer and the Li'l Smokies.
Rules of the Game:
1. Whenever George W. uses the phrases: 'national security,' 'tax relief,' 'activist judges' or 'affordable health care,' drink two shots of beer.
2. Whenever George W. mentions the tragic events of 9/11, last person to grab a toothpick, stand and salute must drink three shots of beer. If you stab yourself in forehead with the toothpick, drink two more shots.
3. If George W. actually says, 'If Al Qaeda is calling you, we want to know why,' first person to finish a whole beer gets to toss Li'l Smokies at any of the others until they finish their beer. Use the toothpicks.
4. If George W. makes up a word like 'strategerie' or 'deteriorize' drink four shots of beer.
5. If George W. speaks of Hamas and repeats his earlier statement that 'it's good to see people are demanding honest leadership,' the first person to stop laughing gets to drink one shot of beer then pummel Suit with empty shot glass. No head shots.
6. Whenever George W. talks about bipartisanship, the last person to grab his throat in a choking motion has to eat four Li'l Smokies.
7. If either the Vice President Dick Cheney or First Lady Laura Bush are caught napping, last person to sing 'Wake Up Little Susie, Wake Up,' has to drink three shots of beer.
8. Predict the number of applause breaks. Person closest to correct number may then force the other three to drink that number of shots of beer in whatever ratio they wish.
9. Three shots of beer if he mentions New Orleans. Five shots of beer if he mentions Brownie. Two full beers if he mentions Abramoff.
10. Every time Tom DeLay is shown in the audience, take turns throwing Li'l Smokies at the TV. Suit sits out. First face hit doesn't have to drink two shots of beer.Every time Hillary Clinton is shown in the audience, Suit throws Li'l Smokies at the TV. If he hits her face, everyone else drinks two shots of beer. Use the toothpicks.
11. Whenever George W. quotes the Bible, last person to fall to their knees and cry 'Hallelujah!' drinks two shots of beer.
12. Whenever George W. smirks during a standing ovation, take turns drinking shots of beer until the audience sits down. Do it double time if his shoulders shake with silent laughter.
• Whoever can correctly identify in advance the person giving the Democratic Response doesn't have to watch it.
• Suit gets to kick Rags hard, once if George W uses a heartfelt story of a pulling yourself up by your bootstraps to illustrate a point, twice if the regulation of large cardboard boxes is mentioned as a security precaution. Rags gets 15 seconds to kick the Suit if Bush reveals the subject of the anecdote is in the audience. Thirty seconds if he or she is sitting next to Harriet Miers. One full minute if she's sitting next to an astronaut.
• Suit takes home $20.
• Leftover beer, Li'l Smokies and fondue pot go home with Rags.
Political Comic Will Durst needs a volunteer to wear the suit.
Catch The Will & Willie Show, weekdays 7- 10:00 a.m. on KQKE. 960 AM, San Francisco or www.quakeradio.com.
Will Durst is a political comedian who has performed around the world. He is a familiar pundit on television and radio. See www.willdurst.com for additional information on Will's performance schedule.
His two CDs are available at laugh.com. Email Will at email@example.com. © 2006 Will Durst.
Download Will Durst's color photo - Download Will Durst's black and white mug shot photo
|Why not run a cartoon with the column? We recommend the cartoons below as a good compliment to Will Durst's topic.|
Click on the thumbnail images to preview and download the cartoons.
State of the Union
By: Sandy Huffaker
January 30, 2006
| || || || |
We do not accept and will not review unsolicited submissions from cartoonists.
Sales & Information: (805) 969-2829 firstname.lastname@example.org
Billing Information: (805) email@example.com
Technical Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE cartoons for your website if you're already a paying print subscriber!