Get your popcorn ready, because a gut-wrenching level of drama has gripped the House of Representatives! �� Last week, Speaker Kevin McCarthy slid over to a lectern and called for an impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden...
Malcolm X said it best in a 1962 speech: “The most disrespected person in America is the black woman. The most neglected person in America is a black woman…” More than 60 years later, these words still ring true...
It appears some Republican donors are really concerned that presidential candidate Tim Scott, South Carolina's junior senator, is a 57-year-old bachelor — and whatever implications that may entail...
As segments of the nation remembered the 60th anniversary of the 1963 March on Washington, we simultaneously witnessed another horrendous, senseless act of racially sadistic violence occur in Jacksonville, Florida...
After whipping themselves up in orgasmic levels of ecstasy, conservatives have tried to do a rapid U-turn of their embrace of YouTube sensation Oliver Anthony and his hit song, "Rich Men North of Richmond...
It is hardly surprising that Black judges and prosecutors are being targeted by Donald Trump and his MAGA supporters.. Chutkan, who is presiding over the case against Trump for allegedly trying to overturn the 2020 election...
Voracious popular culture connoisseur that I am, I have been avidly following the drama surrounding pop icon Lizzo...
The evolution of Black Lives Matter, the election of Donald Trump, and a growing fear of immigrants have led to deep levels of resentment and hostility among a sizable segment of white Americans...
There are probably many Americans who thought this day would never come. Instead, the criminal justice system is going to do battle against one of the most devious and horrendous conspiracies in the history of the nation...
The issue of men and mental health often remains a silent crisis in our society. Rapid transformations ranging from work, family, and personal life have taken its toll on a considerable segment of men in our current culture...
Like many material icons, Barbie has had a complex history. The modern civil rights movement was beginning to gain steam and the nation was largely embracing the status quo. – the doll was immune from intense criticism...
Florida has justly earned its recent reputation as the most dysfunctional, surreal, and outlandish state in the nation. Last week, Gov. Yes, you read that last sentence correctly...
- 09/18/2023 The puppet of the House
- 09/11/2023 Black women deserve better
- 09/05/2023 Why should we care if a politician is unmarried?
- 08/31/2023 Jacksonville and the continued assault on Black people
- 08/28/2023 Popular country song leads to confusion on the right
- 08/22/2023 No surprise that Black judges are targets of the MAGA movement
- 08/15/2023 Lizzo and the peril of celebrity culture
- 08/08/2023 Racists don’t like to be called racists
- 08/02/2023 Trump indictment over Jan. 6 a pleasant surprise
- 08/01/2023 Men suffer from mental health issues, too
- 07/28/2023 Conservatives are the latest in a long line of Barbie critics
- 07/24/2023 Visit Florida, where you’ll learn about the benefits of slavery
- 07/20/2023 Country music star learns critics have freedom of speech, too
- 07/18/2023 Republicans had a pretty racist week
- 07/11/2023 Teaching about racism without discussing race?
- 07/06/2023 It’s time to seriously consider reparations
- 06/30/2023 Supreme Court’s affirmative action ruling is very revealing
- 06/27/2023 Quoting Hitler an example of the shift on the right
- 06/18/2023 Why Juneteenth is more important than ever
- 06/13/2023 Trump is a victim of his own making
- 06/08/2023 NAACP should focus less on symbolism, more on action
- 06/02/2023 Tina Turner was simply the best
- 05/24/2023 Marjorie Taylor Greene is at it again
- 05/17/2023 Biden’s white supremacy comments hit the mark, and one Republican senator
- 05/09/2023 Being disturbed doesn’t grant you the right to kill
- 05/04/2023 An argument for Kamala Harris?
- 04/27/2023 In America, knocking on the wrong door will get you shot
- 04/18/2023 We don’t need to mandate ‘trigger warnings’ in college
- 04/11/2023 The racism of Tennessee Republicans
- 04/04/2023 The white privilege of protesting Trump supporters
- 03/28/2023 Trump playing the old, racist hits
- 03/20/2023 Not ‘woke’ enough to understand its meaning
- 03/13/2023 Tucker Carlson is fake news
- 03/07/2023 ‘Dilbert’ creator shows racial progress is needed in America
- 02/27/2023 Depression and the expectations of men
- 02/21/2023 The final days of yet another Black History Month
- 02/13/2023 Underestimate Biden at your own political peril
- 02/06/2023 A police interaction with a young, Black girl had a happy ending
- 01/30/2023 Tyre Nichols’ death shows how racism even impacts Black officers
- 01/23/2023 DeSantis goes after Black history
- 01/16/2023 What would Martin Luther King Jr. think of our America?
- 01/10/2023 Amid McCarthy drama, Republicans tried to play the race card
- 12/30/2022 Can the Miss America pageant survive in today’s culture?
- 12/13/2022 The Right’s reaction to Brittney Griner’s release is telling
- 12/06/2022 Republicans still afraid to call out Constitution-shredding Trump
- 11/30/2022 Donald Trump’s appeal to racists
- 11/23/2022 Club Q massacre is sadly not shocking
- 11/17/2022 The latest target of right-wing media? Young voters and unmarried women.
- 11/10/2022 Knives finally come out for Trump
- 11/04/2022 The racist truth behind ‘poll watchers’
- 10/26/2022 Kidnapping of Black woman roils community near Kansas City
- 10/19/2022 Stop hating on liberal arts majors
- 10/12/2022 Will no Republican criticize racism within their party?
- 10/10/2022 Herschel Walker and Republican hypocrisy
- 10/03/2022 Dealing with the issue of male masculinity
- 09/23/2022 Disney’s latest remake a window into race in America
- 09/16/2022 The NBA and the N-word
- 09/08/2022 Biden angers MAGA Republicans. But he isn’t wrong.
- 09/01/2022 Violent threats in the wake of Mar-a-Lago search
- 08/15/2022 Mar-a-Lago and the kerosene right
- 08/08/2022 Conservatives embrace far-right ‘racist’ and ‘anti-Semite’
- 07/26/2022 Justice remains elusive in Emmett Till’s murder
- 07/07/2022 Another Black casualty at the hands of police
- 06/26/2022 Conservatives ended Roe v. Wade. Now they want more.
- 06/23/2022 The new violent right
- 06/12/2022 Liberal admiration for Liz Cheney
- 05/29/2022 U-turn desperately needed on guns in America
- 05/18/2022 Racism and violence in Buffalo
- 05/10/2022 Madison Cawthorn has become a problem for Republicans
- 04/27/2022 The plight of Black conservatives
- 04/19/2022 Abortion debate centers around power and control
- 04/12/2022 Republicans are playing a dangerous game
- 04/06/2022 Some Republicans now saying quiet racist things out loud
- 03/29/2022 Will Smith’s actions solely a reflection on Will Smith
- 03/22/2022 Correction: The hatred of Jussie Smollett
- 03/08/2022 Racist attacks continue against Biden’s Supreme Court pick
- 02/28/2022 The ‘freak of nature’ problem
- 02/22/2022 There are no cancel culture winners
- 02/14/2022 Correction: One NFL story that won’t go away
- 02/07/2022 We need to fight right-wing censorship
- 01/30/2022 A Black women on the Supreme Court is long overdue
- 01/23/2022 Misquoting MLK not just a Republican problem
- 01/18/2022 The right to vote must be preserved
- 01/10/2022 Sidney Poitier: Class, Wit, and Dignity
- 01/06/2022 Sadly, former Judge’s racial slurs are nothing new
- 01/03/2022 In Defense of the Miss America Pageant
- 12/21/2021 ‘We Can’t Overstate Her Influence’: Remembering bell hooks
- 12/14/2021 Democracy Itself Is At Stake
- 12/07/2021 Critics Using the ‘Politically Correct’ Playbook on ‘Woke’
- 12/02/2021 Why Conservative Media Didn’t Latch on to the Ahmaud Arbery Case
- 11/23/2021 Kyle Rittenhouse is the New Darling of the Right
- 11/11/2021 Ahmaud Arbery and the Limits of Justice
- 11/02/2021 Conservatives Cling to Faux Outrage Over Critical Race Theory
- 10/14/2021 Jon Gruden is Just the Tip of the NFL’s Racism Problem