The death of Black people at the hands of law enforcement has become so commonplace that it's easy to feel both outraged and psychologically numb. We can now add Tyre Nichols of Memphis, Tenn...
In his ongoing attacks on what he describes as “woke politics,” Florida governor Ron DeSantis has denied permission for an AP African American History course to be taught in Florida public high schools...
This month, as we celebrate Black history, millions of Americans will celebrate the legacy of Dr. Dr...
The drama surrounding Rep. It took 15 bids to secure the votes required to become speaker of the House. An interesting side story stemming from the drama was the effort by far-right House members to support Rep...
Earlier this month, Grace Stanke, a 23-year-old nuclear engineering student from Wausau, Wisc. Stanke is a beautiful, blond-haired woman who is obviously gifted in math and science...
It sure didn’t take long for right-wing media figures to criticize the release of WNBA star Brittney Griner...
You've got to hand it to Donald Trump. From dining with rabid anti-Semites to urging on Truth Social we should consider terminating the Constitution so he could be reinstated as president. Get over it and move on...
Donald Trump endured bipartisan criticism for his recent dinner with Kanye West and Nick Fuentes, a white nationalist and far-right wing advocate...
The massacre this past weekend at Club Q, an LGBTQ club in Colorado Springs, was hardly shocking given our current politically acrimonious and poisoned climate...
We're more than a week out from the 2022 midterm elections, and there has been considerable commentary and various reasons offered about why the results turned out the way they did...
The Republican Party endured considerable humiliation on election night, as their much-anticipated “red wave” turned out to be a red thud...
Days away of the 2022 midterm election, a disturbing trend is unfolding involving “poll watchers” positioning themselves at various voting locations across the nation...
- 01/30/2023 Tyre Nichols’ death shows how racism even impacts Black officers
- 01/23/2023 DeSantis goes after Black history
- 01/16/2023 What would Martin Luther King Jr. think of our America?
- 01/10/2023 Amid McCarthy drama, Republicans tried to play the race card
- 12/30/2022 Can the Miss America pageant survive in today’s culture?
- 12/13/2022 The Right’s reaction to Brittney Griner’s release is telling
- 12/06/2022 Republicans still afraid to call out Constitution-shredding Trump
- 11/30/2022 Donald Trump’s appeal to racists
- 11/23/2022 Club Q massacre is sadly not shocking
- 11/17/2022 The latest target of right-wing media? Young voters and unmarried women.
- 11/10/2022 Knives finally come out for Trump
- 11/04/2022 The racist truth behind ‘poll watchers’
- 10/26/2022 Kidnapping of Black woman roils community near Kansas City
- 10/19/2022 Stop hating on liberal arts majors
- 10/12/2022 Will no Republican criticize racism within their party?
- 10/10/2022 Herschel Walker and Republican hypocrisy
- 10/03/2022 Dealing with the issue of male masculinity
- 09/23/2022 Disney’s latest remake a window into race in America
- 09/16/2022 The NBA and the N-word
- 09/08/2022 Biden angers MAGA Republicans. But he isn’t wrong.
- 09/01/2022 Violent threats in the wake of Mar-a-Lago search
- 08/15/2022 Mar-a-Lago and the kerosene right
- 08/08/2022 Conservatives embrace far-right ‘racist’ and ‘anti-Semite’
- 07/26/2022 Justice remains elusive in Emmett Till’s murder
- 07/07/2022 Another Black casualty at the hands of police
- 06/26/2022 Conservatives ended Roe v. Wade. Now they want more.
- 06/23/2022 The new violent right
- 06/12/2022 Liberal admiration for Liz Cheney
- 05/29/2022 U-turn desperately needed on guns in America
- 05/18/2022 Racism and violence in Buffalo
- 05/10/2022 Madison Cawthorn has become a problem for Republicans
- 04/27/2022 The plight of Black conservatives
- 04/19/2022 Abortion debate centers around power and control
- 04/12/2022 Republicans are playing a dangerous game
- 04/06/2022 Some Republicans now saying quiet racist things out loud
- 03/29/2022 Will Smith’s actions solely a reflection on Will Smith
- 03/22/2022 Correction: The hatred of Jussie Smollett
- 03/08/2022 Racist attacks continue against Biden’s Supreme Court pick
- 02/28/2022 The ‘freak of nature’ problem
- 02/22/2022 There are no cancel culture winners
- 02/14/2022 Correction: One NFL story that won’t go away
- 02/07/2022 We need to fight right-wing censorship
- 01/30/2022 A Black women on the Supreme Court is long overdue
- 01/23/2022 Misquoting MLK not just a Republican problem
- 01/18/2022 The right to vote must be preserved
- 01/10/2022 Sidney Poitier: Class, Wit, and Dignity
- 01/06/2022 Sadly, former Judge’s racial slurs are nothing new
- 01/03/2022 In Defense of the Miss America Pageant
- 12/21/2021 ‘We Can’t Overstate Her Influence’: Remembering bell hooks
- 12/14/2021 Democracy Itself Is At Stake
- 12/07/2021 Critics Using the ‘Politically Correct’ Playbook on ‘Woke’
- 12/02/2021 Why Conservative Media Didn’t Latch on to the Ahmaud Arbery Case
- 11/23/2021 Kyle Rittenhouse is the New Darling of the Right
- 11/11/2021 Ahmaud Arbery and the Limits of Justice
- 11/02/2021 Conservatives Cling to Faux Outrage Over Critical Race Theory
- 10/14/2021 Jon Gruden is Just the Tip of the NFL’s Racism Problem