Witnessing the faces of little Black girls across the nation light up with glee as they saw previews of actress Halle Bailey from the live action version “The Little Mermaid,” was both heartwarming and gratifying...
The NBA recently suspended Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver for a year and fined him $10 million after an investigation found he engaged in what the league called “workplace misconduct and organizational deficiencies...
Predictably, many Republicans melted into volcanic spasms and hissy fits after President Biden delivered his speech in Philadelphia last week. Former South Carolina governor and ex-U...
More than three weeks have transpired since the FBI executed a search warrant on former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence. Sadly, threats against federal agents have been routine and commonplace...
It shouldn’t come as that much of a surprise that right-wing news media outlets wasted no time stoking the unhinged rage of their MAGA followers last week after the FBI carried out a search warrant at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence...
The saga of Emmett Till has once again returned to the public sphere. He was kidnapped under cover at night, mercilessly beaten, shot, and thrown into the Tallahatchie River for having the “supposed audacity” to flirt with a white woman...
Another week, another young Black man killed by police. He drove off with police in pursuit, eventually fled from his car, then ran on foot...
Roe v. What a month it has been. Oh, and Roe v. The ruling nullified a precedent that had been the law of the land for almost half a century...
Earlier this week, a political ad from disgraced former Missouri governor and current Republican Senate candidate Eric Greitens was pulled from several social media sites for its alarmingly violent message...
Last week’s televised hearings addressing the violence that occurred at the U. Capitol on January 6, 2021, were nothing short of riveting and disturbing...
Appropriating Franklin D. Nearly a week later, the May 24th massacre at Robb Elementary School school in Uvalde, Texas still has many of us reeling. From Columbine, Colo...
- 09/23/2022 Disney’s latest remake a window into race in America
- 09/16/2022 The NBA and the N-word
- 09/08/2022 Biden angers MAGA Republicans. But he isn’t wrong.
- 09/01/2022 Violent threats in the wake of Mar-a-Lago search
- 08/15/2022 Mar-a-Lago and the kerosene right
- 08/08/2022 Conservatives embrace far-right ‘racist’ and ‘anti-Semite’
- 07/26/2022 Justice remains elusive in Emmett Till’s murder
- 07/07/2022 Another Black casualty at the hands of police
- 06/26/2022 Conservatives ended Roe v. Wade. Now they want more.
- 06/23/2022 The new violent right
- 06/12/2022 Liberal admiration for Liz Cheney
- 05/29/2022 U-turn desperately needed on guns in America
- 05/18/2022 Racism and violence in Buffalo
- 05/10/2022 Madison Cawthorn has become a problem for Republicans
- 04/27/2022 The plight of Black conservatives
- 04/19/2022 Abortion debate centers around power and control
- 04/12/2022 Republicans are playing a dangerous game
- 04/06/2022 Some Republicans now saying quiet racist things out loud
- 03/29/2022 Will Smith’s actions solely a reflection on Will Smith
- 03/22/2022 Correction: The hatred of Jussie Smollett
- 03/08/2022 Racist attacks continue against Biden’s Supreme Court pick
- 02/28/2022 The ‘freak of nature’ problem
- 02/22/2022 There are no cancel culture winners
- 02/14/2022 Correction: One NFL story that won’t go away
- 02/07/2022 We need to fight right-wing censorship
- 01/30/2022 A Black women on the Supreme Court is long overdue
- 01/23/2022 Misquoting MLK not just a Republican problem
- 01/18/2022 The right to vote must be preserved
- 01/10/2022 Sidney Poitier: Class, Wit, and Dignity
- 01/06/2022 Sadly, former Judge’s racial slurs are nothing new
- 01/03/2022 In Defense of the Miss America Pageant
- 12/21/2021 ‘We Can’t Overstate Her Influence’: Remembering bell hooks
- 12/14/2021 Democracy Itself Is At Stake
- 12/07/2021 Critics Using the ‘Politically Correct’ Playbook on ‘Woke’
- 12/02/2021 Why Conservative Media Didn’t Latch on to the Ahmaud Arbery Case
- 11/23/2021 Kyle Rittenhouse is the New Darling of the Right
- 11/11/2021 Ahmaud Arbery and the Limits of Justice
- 11/02/2021 Conservatives Cling to Faux Outrage Over Critical Race Theory
- 10/14/2021 Jon Gruden is Just the Tip of the NFL’s Racism Problem