The latest data suggests a drop in energy prices may have tamed the inflation monster. What people think and what the data shows don’t always sync up...
It's time to acknowledge that investments made based on ESG considerations – environmental policy, social justice concerns, and corporate governance issues – did not kick off the boom many Wall Streeters predicted it would...
Recent and expected Supreme Court rulings regarding the authority of federal regulators have put the regulatory bureaucracy in the spotlight. Some, like the U. International Trade Commission, are begging to have their wings clipped...
The human capacity for processing information is limited. It's not that the voters are dumb, far from it...
Though policymakers are seldom willing to admit it, some policy ideas are so dumb they should only be mentioned as examples of what not to do. However, just behind that is the idea that government price controls work...
About 20 years ago, the belief that commercially-significant quantities of fuel blends containing organic materials would soon be available led to the passage of alternative fuel requirements...
Fear of the COVID virus may be largely gone, but the consequences of the mistakes made trying to combat its spread will be with us for a long time...
More than a few economists predicted a period of record economic growth would follow the end of the lockdowns associated with the pandemic...
In its infinite wisdom – or lack thereof – Congress recently gave the U. Internal Revenue Service $80 billion in new funding as part of the Inflation Reduction Act before the agency had a plan for spending it...
It’s tax season again and, with the possible exception of President Joe Biden and a few members of Congress, we’re not happy about it. Biden thinks that’s a problem, even though tax revenues soared as a result of the lower rates...
It’s budget time again – and the one President Joe Biden proposed is a beaut!..
Washington is full of groups that claim to represent the interests of the American people...
- 11/21/2023 Congress needs to take action, or your taxes will be going up
- 11/09/2023 Wall Street and the overdue ‘green agenda’ market correction
- 08/13/2023 A U.S. agency you’ve never heard of is destroying innovation
- 08/07/2023 Reform the FDA before it kills us
- 07/25/2023 Price controls pad health industry profits
- 07/12/2023 Don’t crash the U.S. auto market by forcing us to buy EVs
- 06/29/2023 American education is getting better
- 06/02/2023 Woke investing may threaten your retirement security
- 05/04/2023 Does the IRS want you? Probably.
- 04/13/2023 You can’t tax your way back to prosperity
- 04/03/2023 Are the regulatory burdens we put on businesses worth it?
- 02/28/2023 Is AARP putting profits over the interests of its members?
- 02/16/2023 It’s time to celebrate Washington’s birthday
- 02/01/2023 Forward progress on criminal justice reform has stalled out
- 01/28/2023 To win the battle of ideas, you have to show up
- 01/19/2023 You need to understand the regulatory process
- 12/22/2022 In many states, welfare pays more than work
- 11/22/2022 How much is that turkey in the window?
- 11/08/2022 Crypto policy should be decided by Congress
- 10/28/2022 Another perspective on the Supreme Court’s abortion decision
- 10/18/2022 Don’t let the politicians make our health care worse
- 10/06/2022 Yes, let’s celebrate Columbus Day
- 09/25/2022 America shouldn’t hand economic leadership to China
- 08/25/2022 Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act will make things worse
- 07/31/2022 Reform at the FTC is long overdue
- 07/06/2022 Joe Biden’s coming China solar boondoggle
- 04/13/2022 Push for new antitrust rules infested with cronyism?
- 04/07/2022 Higher U.S. energy prices are Biden’s fault
- 03/24/2022 America must give Zelensky the tools he needs
- 02/03/2022 The American labor movement is killing itself
- 01/24/2022 Fixing the Postal Service without breaking it
- 12/27/2021 Defending Joe Manchin
- 11/10/2021 Plan Now to Use Technology to Prevent the Next Crisis
- 11/02/2021 Drug Price Controls Will Always Be a Bad Idea
- 10/21/2021 Don’t Let Biden Try to Balance the Budget on the Backs of Retirees
- 09/21/2021 To Save America’s Cities, It Is Time to Be Bold
- 06/21/2021 Powering Up America by Giving Consumers Choice
- 04/21/2021 Biden Trade Policy Should Focus on International Trade Commission
- 03/25/2021 The Pension Bailout Hidden Within the COVID Relief Bill
- 03/09/2021 Mortgage Market Battle Means Home Buyers Will Pay More
- 02/25/2021 For Big Labor, Politics Comes Before Workers’ Jobs
- 12/10/2020 Retailers Stepping Up In More Ways Than One
- 11/12/2020 Patent Trolls Are Still A Problem for Everyone
- 09/28/2020 Shedding Light on AARP
- 08/25/2020 Rethinking Kidney Dialysis in the Age of COVID
- 07/27/2020 Congress Must Address Underfunded Pensions Before It’s Too Late
- 06/29/2020 To Grow the Economy, Put Off Tax Payments Until 2021
- 06/10/2020 What Can We Do About The Post Office?
- 05/20/2020 More Than Ever Before, Corporate Governance Matters
- 04/29/2020 We Must Stop China from Taking Over Smartphone Market
- 04/20/2020 Cashing in on the Coronavirus Crisis
- 03/02/2020 Not All Surprises Are Good, Especially in Health Care
- 02/09/2020 Keeping America’s Telecom Sector Great
- 01/30/2020 Bipartisan Healthcare Fix Misses the Mark
- 01/16/2020 How a Loss Turns Into a Win for Liberal Hollywood
- 12/08/2019 America Needs More Spectrum Now
- 11/14/2019 Our Health Care System is Great. There’s Just One Catch.
- 10/30/2019 Don’t Let China Steal the March on Cryptocurrency
- 10/21/2019 Saudi Strike Not a Black Eye for U.S. Missile Defense
- 08/13/2019 Congress Must Cure the Problem of Surprise Medical Billing
- 06/18/2019 America Risks Losing to China On Cryptocurrencies
- 06/04/2019 Thinking About the Cost of Defending America
- 05/22/2019 Satellite TV No Long Needs the Government’s Protection
- 04/26/2019 Is SpaceX’s Reputation Going Up In Smoke?
- 03/01/2019 Trade With China, But With Caution
- 02/05/2019 Say ‘No’ to New Loopholes in the Tax Code
- 01/17/2019 No More Corporate Bailouts
- 12/12/2018 Don’t Let the Nannystate Quash Vaping
- 11/25/2018 New Pipeline Will Add to America’s Energy Independence
- 11/02/2018 Memo to Trump: Price Controls Are Not the Way to Go
- 10/14/2018 Trump and Renewables: The Art of the Deal for All
- 08/12/2018 Renewable Fuel Reforms Needed Now
- 07/31/2018 Beware the Scent of Musk
- 06/21/2018 SCOTUS Puts Internet Sales Tax in Play
- 06/20/2018 It’s Time to End the Preference for Clicks Over Bricks
- 06/17/2018 The Case for Continuing the International Space Station
- 05/29/2018 Jones Act Keeps American Prepared for War in Times of Peace
- 05/13/2018 Keep the Government Out of the Energy Marketplace