An unlikely coalition of senators is backing Minnesota Democrat Amy Klobuchar’s bill to drastically overhaul the nation’s antitrust laws...
For at least a decade, American progressives have been waging war on the nation’s energy sector. That’s the real Biden policy, fulfilling a vow he made in September 2019: “I guarantee you, we are going to end fossil fuel...
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s speech to Congress last week may not have been the Churchillian moment people had hoped for, but it got the job done. Zelensky's remarks showed him to be a most practical man, leading a country under siege...
Joe Biden likes to talk about how “unions built this country. From FDR to Nixon, the labor movement played a significant role in determining the nation’s economic destiny. According to the U...
The U. Postal Service doesn’t say anything about pandemics or lockdowns in its motto. It’s important to keep that in mind as Congress begins once again to wrestle with the thorny issue of postal reform...
In Washington, tax dollars get tossed around like Monopoly money, especially in times of crisis when politicians start talking about the need to expand the social safety net. That’s a problem...
It’s time to be honest. No one can pinpoint for certain where or how it started. The possibility COVID may be with us for some time (despite predictions by Dr...
One of the things most people who write about politics won’t tell you is that how a new program gets paid for is considerably less important than how much is spent. This is not difficult to understand or explain...
President Joe Biden’s plan to build America back better is much more costly than most everyone anticipated. Even a few members of his own party are uncomfortable voting for it. At one-half U. annual GDP pre-COVID, that’s not chump change...
When it comes down to it, many of the significant problems associated with the COVID pandemic resulted from a failure of imagination. The proper response is not timidity or inaction...
America’s high national living standards lead us to consider things like abundant access to clean water, comprehensive cellular service, and a reliable electric grid commonplace...
When you break it down, Donald Trump’s trade policy was simple. Joe Biden, on the other hand, has yet to make his trade priorities clear. One, he’s eager to reunite with partners on the world stage...
- 04/13/2022 Push for new antitrust rules infested with cronyism?
- 04/07/2022 Higher U.S. energy prices are Biden’s fault
- 03/24/2022 America must give Zelensky the tools he needs
- 02/03/2022 The American labor movement is killing itself
- 01/24/2022 Fixing the Postal Service without breaking it
- 12/27/2021 Defending Joe Manchin
- 11/10/2021 Plan Now to Use Technology to Prevent the Next Crisis
- 11/02/2021 Drug Price Controls Will Always Be a Bad Idea
- 10/21/2021 Don’t Let Biden Try to Balance the Budget on the Backs of Retirees
- 09/21/2021 To Save America’s Cities, It Is Time to Be Bold
- 06/21/2021 Powering Up America by Giving Consumers Choice
- 04/21/2021 Biden Trade Policy Should Focus on International Trade Commission
- 03/25/2021 The Pension Bailout Hidden Within the COVID Relief Bill
- 03/09/2021 Mortgage Market Battle Means Home Buyers Will Pay More
- 02/25/2021 For Big Labor, Politics Comes Before Workers’ Jobs
- 12/10/2020 Retailers Stepping Up In More Ways Than One
- 11/12/2020 Patent Trolls Are Still A Problem for Everyone
- 09/28/2020 Shedding Light on AARP
- 08/25/2020 Rethinking Kidney Dialysis in the Age of COVID
- 07/27/2020 Congress Must Address Underfunded Pensions Before It’s Too Late
- 06/29/2020 To Grow the Economy, Put Off Tax Payments Until 2021
- 06/10/2020 What Can We Do About The Post Office?
- 05/20/2020 More Than Ever Before, Corporate Governance Matters
- 04/29/2020 We Must Stop China from Taking Over Smartphone Market
- 04/20/2020 Cashing in on the Coronavirus Crisis
- 03/02/2020 Not All Surprises Are Good, Especially in Health Care
- 02/09/2020 Keeping America’s Telecom Sector Great
- 01/30/2020 Bipartisan Healthcare Fix Misses the Mark
- 01/16/2020 How a Loss Turns Into a Win for Liberal Hollywood
- 12/08/2019 America Needs More Spectrum Now
- 11/14/2019 Our Health Care System is Great. There’s Just One Catch.
- 10/30/2019 Don’t Let China Steal the March on Cryptocurrency
- 10/21/2019 Saudi Strike Not a Black Eye for U.S. Missile Defense
- 08/13/2019 Congress Must Cure the Problem of Surprise Medical Billing
- 06/18/2019 America Risks Losing to China On Cryptocurrencies
- 06/04/2019 Thinking About the Cost of Defending America
- 05/22/2019 Satellite TV No Long Needs the Government’s Protection
- 04/26/2019 Is SpaceX’s Reputation Going Up In Smoke?
- 03/01/2019 Trade With China, But With Caution
- 02/05/2019 Say ‘No’ to New Loopholes in the Tax Code
- 01/17/2019 No More Corporate Bailouts
- 12/12/2018 Don’t Let the Nannystate Quash Vaping
- 11/25/2018 New Pipeline Will Add to America’s Energy Independence
- 11/02/2018 Memo to Trump: Price Controls Are Not the Way to Go
- 10/14/2018 Trump and Renewables: The Art of the Deal for All
- 08/12/2018 Renewable Fuel Reforms Needed Now
- 07/31/2018 Beware the Scent of Musk
- 06/21/2018 SCOTUS Puts Internet Sales Tax in Play
- 06/20/2018 It’s Time to End the Preference for Clicks Over Bricks
- 06/17/2018 The Case for Continuing the International Space Station
- 05/29/2018 Jones Act Keeps American Prepared for War in Times of Peace
- 05/13/2018 Keep the Government Out of the Energy Marketplace